Rasdaman: SQL-Embedded Array Query Language
Today a large part of “Big Data” is in the form of gridded data such as “arrays” and “raster data.” Traditional representatives include spatiotemporal sensors, image, simulation, as well as statistical data.
Thus, rasdaman is using their SQL-embedded array query language to become a pioneer and world technology leader in flexible, fast, and scalable array analytics.
Their patented principle “What You Get is What You Need” maximizes Quality of Service and minimizes latency.
Asgardia is always interested in researching and promoting startup companies that could help them further their goal of setting up habitable platforms in low-Earth orbit and ensuring the peaceful use of space.
- Fast: parallel access to Exascale archives and Terabyte objects in fractions of a second.
- Scalable: seamlessly from laptop to high-parallel, high-availability clouds and server farms.
- Flexible: “Array SQL” for navigation, extraction, processing, and ad-hoc analysis. Array data can rest in a conventional database, in files optimized by rasdaman, or even in a pre-existing archive.
- Open standards as issued by OGC: WMS, WCS, WCS-T, WCPS; rasdaman is WCS Core Reference Implementation and listed in the GEOSS Component and Service Registry.
- Free: available as open source in a lively, mature, and professionally managed open-source project overseen by Jacobs University, in incubation by the OSGeo foundation.
- Cost-effective: employs intelligent, economic resource utilization and free source code.
Rasdaman is an official OGC and INSPIRE WCS Reference Implementation, which supports:
- OGC WCS Core 2.0.1
- OGC WCS GET/KVP, POST, SOAP (unofficially: REST)
- OGC WCS Range Subsetting, Scaling, Interpolation, Processing, CRS, Transaction
The company has passed all tests concerning the OGC WCS Core and Extensions.
Therefore, it is the most comprehensive implementation of “Big Earth Datacube” standards in the world.
Rasdaman Benefit Areas
As the company explained on their website array data appears virtually everywhere in engineering, science, business, and administration.
- Geospatial data: Web Mapping, oil/gas exploration, climate research, oceanography, disaster mitigation, etc.
- Life Sciences: confocal microscopy, brain imaging, medical scanners such as X-ray, PET, fMRI, etc.
- Space Sciences: optical and radio astronomy, cosmological simulation, etc.
- Statistics: n-dimensional data cubes, as aka next-generation MOLAP system.
Rasdaman also stated that their “experience is sought so much that we even shape the Big Geo Data standards.”
Their technology is available in two compatible editions. The open-source rasdaman community is freely available as source code from rasdaman.org while the performance boosters of their proprietary rasdaman enterprise edition overlay works in a compatible way.
On any of those alternatives, rasdaman offers highly effective hardware and software optimizations for the best performance.
The company also offers support when it comes to Installation and maintenance for both rasdaman editions. They also have a tailored service portfolio to help with any further questions.
Rasdaman has also won a series of high-ranking innovation awards for the full list click here.
If you have an interest in startups especially related to science, space, and technology then join Asgardia today and connect with other small businesses, investors and forward-looking people.
When preparing news, materials from the following publications were used:Imprint
Image Credit: / Shutterstock